Friday, July 31, 2009

Daily Verse: Psalm 127:3-5; Mark 9:37a

Psalm 127:3-5

3 Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
4 As arrows are in the hands of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Mark 9:37a

Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me:


I had other verses chosen, however there was an article in the local news that prompted me to choose these two. There is a father who was convicted this week of torturing his 10 week old daughter. I'll spare the gruesome details, but just reading it made me SICK. How can anyone do such a thing to a child, let alone one that tiny. At first, the doctor's didn't think she would make it, but she is doing fine. He claims he was so drunk that he doesn't even remember the incident. It makes me furious. It is just unbelievable.


If you have children, tell them you love them, today; hug them...if they'll let you. If you are a child, tell your parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog