Sunday, March 21, 2010

Early Morning Scramble

I've been up all night saving recipes from some of my mom's cookbooks into my computer. I started getting hungry after a few hours so I decided to fix myself something to eat. What I came up with was delicious so I'm sharing it. Would also be great with any fresh vegetables you have on hand...bell peppers, green onions, etc. Can also wrap up in tortilla and eat on the go.

Early Morning Scramble
2 servings

3 spears of broccoli florets
2 tbsp minced onion
1/2 carrot, diced super fine
1/2 celery rib, diced super fine
3 eggs
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 to 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 to 1/4 tsp dill weed
Mozzarella cheese (1 1/2 handfuls or as little or much as you want)
1/2 to 1 tbsp butter

Put skillet on low to heat; add butter. Break eggs into a bowl and scramble with a fork; add salt, pepper, garlic powder and dill weed. Pour in hot pan. Once the eggs have started to set slightly, add chopped vegetables and stir in. Cook to desired doneness, stirring occasionally (I don't like ooze, so I cook to well done). When just about done, turn off heat and add a handful of cheese and stir in. Add about 1/4 of handful to bowl or plate; pour egg mixture onto plate and add remaining cheese to top. Serve immediately.

To prepare the night before, chop up all vegetables and place in fridge overnight. Set out spices, pan, plate, etc. In a.m. heat pan and prepare as above.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog