Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cake in Mug II

I have been playing with the Cake in Mug recipe a bit. I started with just eliminating the cocoa and chocolate chips:

Vanilla Cake in Mug
1 serving

4 tbsp flour
4 tbsp sugar
1 egg
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp oil
2-3 tbsp butterscotch chips, coarsely chopped (optional)
½ tsp vanilla (Tahitian)

Add dry ingredients to large coffee mug mix well; add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add chips if using. Put mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (insert knife in center to test doneness). The cake will rise over the top of the mug.

Note: Outside of cake will appear spongy…inside will be done.






AND just now...


I created the Almond Cherry Sour Cream Cake in Mug...this recipe, however is 1 extra large serving or 2 servings. I cut it in 1/4ths after using a gigantic coffee mug and served 3 small servings. (No picture...we enjoyed it before I thought of getting out the camera...next time though).

Almond Cherry Sour Cream Cake in Mug
2 serving

9 tbsp flour
6 ½ tbsp sugar
1 egg
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp oil
½ tsp vanilla (tahatian)
2 heaping tsp sour cream
1 tsp almond extract
¼ tsp cherry extract

Add dry ingredients to extra large coffee mug or small soup bowl and mix well; add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Put mug in the microwave and cook for 4 minutes and 30 seconds at 1000 watts (insert knife in center to test doneness). The cake will rise over the top of the mug.

Note: Outside of cake will appear spongy…inside will be done.


Serve warm or at room temperature. Is even better with homemade Raspberry-Plum jam, if you have some. (I used that which my cousin [Lynn Geiszler] made).

I also mix my ingredients in a separate container before pouring into mug, usually a glass 2-cup measuring cup and mix with fork. Makes mixing much easier.


Enjoy & dwell refreshed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog