Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cake in Mug


I made a couple new recipes today...

The first was a vegetarian meatloaf...it was quite good. My dad, who is (personally, himself) is against eating vegetarian food even liked it. I took a taste and asked him to tell me what he thought of the flavor before I told him what it was. At dinner, he ate two pieces. He did state that he wouldn't want it all the time and that he wants his meatloaf with meat in it, but that he thought it was okay.

The other recipe is Cake in Mug.

I actually made three (for two of my brothers and myself). The first one overflowed and made a mess of the mug and the napkins I had it sitting on. The second one puffed up without overflowing...like it was supposed to be. The third was a volcano (pictured below). Still, they tasted yummy. Great with a glass of cold milk or hot coffee!


Cake in Mug

1 serving

4 tbsp flour
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp oil
3 tbsp miniature chocolate chips(optional)
a small splash of vanilla essence
1 coffee mug


Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well; add the remaining ingredients (except chips) and carefully mix thoroughly. Add the chocolate chips (if using) to top of cake. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog