Sunday, January 25, 2015

Homemade Electrolyte Drink ("Gatorade")

Here is my recipe for my homemade electrolyte drink I take with me on my long walks.



(Note:  this is where I got my waterbottle:  Amazon)

2 cups liquid (I use coconut water, you could use green tea, herbal tea or regular water)
1/4 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
1/8 to 1/4 cup fruit juice (I used lemon, you could try lime, orange, etc or mix your flavors)
1/4 to 1/2 cup mixed berries (or your favorite berry), frozen
1 tbsp sweetener (I used honey, you could use Agave Nectar, any organic sugar, Stevia, Etc)
1/8 tsp baking soda


Pour about half of coconut water into blender carafe.  Add remaining ingredients and then the remainder of the coconut water.  Blend until well mixed.  Pour through a strainer, removing any remaining fruit bits.  Put bits back into empty blender & add about 1/4 c water; swish & blend again for a couple of seconds.  Strain again & discard any fruit bits remaining.  Pour into sports bottle & enjoy on your long walks. 



You can change the fruit, liquid, fruit juice & sweetener to your liking.  Have fun & enjoy.

Here are a few more pictures of the drink...once it sets a bit, it separates a little - just shake it up before taking a drink.



The picture below shows it separating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog