Monday, August 10, 2009

Hacked ATM cards and Interesting phone calls...

I received an interesting phone call tonight.

The story starts several weeks ago while job hunting online. I found a work at home program that seemed legit. I read it several times before I purchsed the $2 information CD. Well, 3 weeks later I have this $50.00 charge show up on my bank account. I called the bank, found out it was this place that had hacked my ATM card and was placing bogus amounts on my account. I immediately closed that ATM card and I have another one on the way. I had to call back the next day because they couldn't open the claim until the amount actually posted. Come to find out, this charge came from Great Britian and so I was charged a "foreign transfer fee" in addition to the other amount.

When I called back, I opened the claim and my great bank has been so helpful through this. So tonight, my phone rang (I thought it was Jimmy calling me, so I answered). The guy started talking and after he said where he was calling from, I didn't say much. He kept trying to get me to agree to "work" for them. I told him I was not interested and that I had found something better ("legal" also...) and just wasn't interested. He was trying to get me to say that I needed help with my "business" that I was starting, but I told him I had all the help I needed within my family. When he again pursued and pressed why I wasn't interested, I told him that when I looked over the information it was just something I wasn't interested in and that when I had a $50 charge show up on my bank account, that just sealed the deal. I also told him I had already taken care of it at the bank and that the charges were reversed...it was then that I heard it...


"Click"


Yep...he had hung up on me. Good ridance.

Moral of the story....stick to legit...Ebay, Overstock.com, Target.com, Etc.

When looking for work...CalJobs (California), OfficeTeam, Monster.com, HotJobs.com, Etc


I've learned my lesson!!!



Dwell refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog